Monday, August 29, 2011

Monadnock - see next post

So, I'm trying to figure why I get SOOO much advice about having too much stuff from people with WAAY more stuff than I have. But that's a minor mystery. All I need to know is: I don't want to solve my problems with materialism by taking up OTHER people's problems with materialism! (Which, sadly, is one likely result of taking their advice.) Instead, I want to treasure my heavenly possessions so much that my worldly ones become not fewer, not less significant, but simply not significant at all! I count them as refuse, that I may gain Christ, and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes through the law (better management of my possessions) but that which is through faith in Christ!!! The righteousness that comes from law and is by faith. . .
Let me think about that on tomorrow's hike.

1 comment:

Tay Tay said...

Great post, so true.